Privacy & Cookies
Cookies are small text files stored by your browser on your computer or mobile phone when you browse websites.
Our cookies enable us to:
- Make our website work as expected
- Improve the speed/security of the site
- Allow you to share pages with social networks like Facebook and Twitter
- Continuously improve our website for you
- Track visits to the sites articles so we know what kind of information is popular for our visitors
- Collect any personally identifiable information
- Collect any sensitive information
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
You can learn more about all the cookies we use below
More about our Cookies
Our own cookies
- Allowing you to vote in polls
- Blocking the ip addresses of known or potential hackers
There is no way to prevent these cookies being set other than to not use our site or disabling them in your browser settings.
Third party functions
Videos (powered by YouTube and Vimeo)
- Google Maps
- Other embedded content
Disabling these cookies will likely break the functions offered by these third parties
Social Website Cookies
So that you can share our content on the likes of Facebook and Twitter we have included sharing buttons on our site.
Cookies are set by:
- Google Plus
The privacy implications on this will vary from social network to social network and will depend on your settings with them.
Visitor Statistics Cookies
Google Analytics - you can opt-out of being tracked by Google Analytics (we’d prefer you didn’t though as this data is seriously helpful to us in improving our website and therefore your experience on it https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout)
Turning Cookies Off
You can usually switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies. Doing so however will likely limit the functionality of our, and a large proportion of the world’s, websites as cookies are a standard part of most modern websites.